vanilla cake with chocolate chips
The following steps show the order in which the cake should be
prepared and mixed. The items listed in bold are the
ingredients required in each step. Use a scale with metric units to weigh the ingredients, they are designed for a rectangular oven form of ~
- Turn on the oven at
- Take a small piece of soft (room
and coat the forms surface with butter.
- Place 160g of butter in a mixing bowl. If the butter is
refridgerated, cut into small pieces. Then microwave the butter for
1min so it melts. (if small soft pieces of butter remain that is
acceptable, they will be mixed later)
- Add 140g of sugar.
- Add 5g of salt.
- Add 5 chicken eggs, only the egg-white and yolk, throw away the shells.
- Add 5 table
spoons of cow
- Add vanilla
flavor, this could be in powdered form (1 tea spoon), liquid form
(2 or 3 tea spoons) or real vanilla bean (quantity at your
- Mix everything with
- Add 360g
of all purpose
- Add 3 tea spoons
powder. Pay attention to not
- Mix everything with an electric mixer. Start slowly to not
disperse the flour into the air. If the dough is too tough; then add
more milk. If the dough is too fluid; then add more flour.
- Add chocolate
chips at your discretion.
- Pour the mixed cake dough into the buttered form.
- Place the form into the oven.
- The anticipated baking time is 60min ±5min. After 55min
stick a chop
stick into the cake and pull out. If sticky dough is on the stick;
then bake the cake for another 5min; else turn off the oven and take
out. Use oven
mitts to protect your hand skin.
- After ~30min take the cake out of the form by turning it over on a
board or plate. You may have to use mitts again to touch the
- If you don't eat the cake in one day, wrap
foil for overnight storage. It doesn't matter if the reflective or
matte side is covering the cake.
side hustle: whipped cream
While the cake is baking, you can make whipped cream. Clean the
mixer whisks and find a tall and narrow glass or plastic cup.
- Add 200ml of heavy whipping cream.
- Add 2 tea spoons of sugar.
- Use the electric mixer on high speed to whip the cream until it
becomes solid. I typically takes around 1 minute of whipping.
Store the whipped cream in
when not in consumption.